Chocolate Covered Oreos

                   





   This is my first post with a Christmas theme! I'm a bit excited. I have a little party I'm going to tomorrow, and I wanted to bring some sort of cute Christmas treat. After spending way more hours than necessary on Pinterest I noticed a lot of people having some type of varied chocolate covered Oreos. I loved the idea (even though I don't even like Oreos) and decided to make my own! 



                                      ~ Ingredients ~
  • 1 pack of Oreos (shocking I know)
  • 1 bag of Candy Melts (I used the Dark Cocoa ones)







                                   ~ Optional Toppings ~
  • Crushed candy canes...I found it was easiest to crush them up by putting them in a Ziploc bag and repeatedly hitting them with a metal spoon
  • Writing icing in your colors of choice 


                                       ~ Directions ~
  1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave (in a microwave safe dish!). I would recommend following the directions for how to melt it on the back of whichever type of melting chocolate you use. For mine, I heated it up for 30 second intervals, stirring between each. 
  2. Dip the Oreos into the chocolate. I bought cake pop sticks to use for this part, but they turned out to be too big and broke apart the Oreo. I found it works best to just drop the Oreo in and scoop it out with a spoon. While it's on the spoon, smooth it out with a fork. 
  3. Next, lay them out on wax paper. 
  4. Finally, the fun part. If you choose the crushed candy canes for a topping, sprinkle those on before the chocolate has dried all the way so that it sticks. If you would rather make little Christmas designs or shapes with the writing icing, wait until the chocolate has dried.  
  5. Enjoy!



 






   These are especially great because they are inexpensive and simple enough that you could make them with kids. The hardest part for me was the decorating bit; but there's enough Oreos that it doesn't really matter if a few get messed up. Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

A Temporary Update

Breakfast On The Go: Yogurt Granola Popsicles

A Day of Pampering