Exercising?




                   
                          

Everyone that knows me knows that exercising is just not something that I do...but I'm trying to change that! I've gone through phases in my life where I exercise a ridiculous amount for around a month, but then I stop completely. Then I convince myself that I have exercised enough for the next couple of months, which I then spend sitting on a couch. Yes, I do realize it is problematic and definitely not healthy. So, in my journey in trying to live a healthier, more fulfilled life, I am creating an exercise routine. Shocking I know. My goal is to make a very simple plan that will be easy to follow and where I won't be able to make hundreds of excuses (I'm sure I'll still be able to come up with at least ten).  

~First~
I am going to take a walk each day. This isn't remarkably strenuous, and can actually be very therapeutic. I try not to listen to music or go with other people so that it is just me and my thoughts. I'm not typically one to enjoooyyyy being in nature; but I have found I come back from these walks refreshed, inspired, and motivated. I have actually started looking forward to the walks each day which still surprises me. My neighborhood is almost exactly a mile long, which is very convenient. I do recognize that it will rain or be freezing some days, and as I am definitely not dedicated enough to walk in the rain or ridiculous cold, this goal won't be attainable every day. But that's ok. The point is to make an effort even if you don't reach every goal immediately. Hopefully, I'll one day be dedicated enough to walk regardless of rain, shine, cold, or heat(but don't hold your breath). 

~Second~
I'm going to work harder at yoga. During one of my exercising phases I developed a love for yoga. I found it very relaxing even if every bone in my body ached afterwards. I had quit for a long time, but I have now started it back up again and am loving it. Currently, I'm just using YouTube videos to practice (I may or may not have lost all my yoga books and supplies when I quit), but they have been helpful.

This is  my yoga mat, not some random pixelated image I thought would look nice by the way...

Those are the two main ways I will kick-start some form of exercise this year, although I may eventualllyyyy incorporate other things into it. What exercises have you found work the best for you? Or are you just starting back into exercising as I am? 


Popular posts from this blog

A Temporary Update

Breakfast On The Go: Yogurt Granola Popsicles

A Day of Pampering